Monday, December 13, 2010

Just Checking in

Can't believe I have let the entire day go by without accomplishing very much. And I am only on my sixth bottle of water, which means I am only halfway where I need to be by end of day. It could be a wet evening...

I did go to the pool and did the most intense interval training I have done to date. Worked out for over an hour. Rewarded myself by stopping to see a friend who is not doing well healthwise, but she was in the shower. Just talking to her husband about Barb and all her health issues reminded me of how very lucky I am and how thankful I am that my only physical challenge right now is weight and its consequences. Thank you, God.

Spent time thinking about how much I am learning from reading other people's blogs. Allan's has been outstanding, especially on the lap band thing. Scares me to think I actually considered that surgery. I wonder how many people really do the research before having the surgery. Pretty scary... especially for desperate people.

And I love how Beth spells out her food. She counts every calorie, even the vitamins. I like that she lists what she eats. ANd it gives me ideas for what I can eat without piling on the calories.

I have started using My Fitness Pal to make myself more accountable. Pretty shocking sometimes when you see the calories add up. My Fitness Pal has given me the knowledge to make better choices in terms of meals and snacks, and I am just beginning. The more I learn, the better I will do.

I am doing really well in the food department today, although I feel hungry. I had two reduced calorie string cheeses for breakfast and a full package of frozen broccoli for lunch for a total of 240 calories so far. Trying to stay away from the almonds now I that have calculated the fat content as well as the calories. Ditto for Jif Extra Crunchy peanut butter. Just cannot afford to eat much of that either. Sure love it.

Ever feel like the world is ganging up on you? I went to my Facebook page and saw that my CPA is advocating some new candy from Hersheys; she swears it is the most delicious thing she has tasted in a long time. I have had NO Christmas candy, nor do I intend to. Ditto for cookies. Nada. None.

I have a doctor appointment tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what my cholestrol readings are now that I have been exercising faithfully for over two months and have cut out the sugar and most of the carbs. I hope a glucose reading is in that report also, for there should be a big difference. And I have already decided that if my doctor gives me any crap, it will be so long to her. I refuse to have an adversarial relationship with my primary care doctor. Life is too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment