Sunday, November 21, 2010

Becoming Accountable

I have new marching orders:  starting tomorrow, I have to write down everything I eat AND measure it.  Janet says so.  Then I will report to her each evening.  This should be fun....NOT!

Definitely a good idea, uses sound logic, for I eat WAY too much -- albeit the right stuff.

Made ham, green beans, rice, corn muffins today.  Also made cookies tonight but did not eat any of them and won't.  Guests had some; hubby will have the rest. 

Sweets are not a major temptation for me.  Neither is salty stuff.  For example, while we were playing Mexican Train, hubby put two bowls of potato chips on the table. I did not touch them, and had no real problem with not touching them.  Of course, in the past I would have eaten some of them just because they were there.  So I AM making progress.

Thinking about eating cinnamon every day; it is supposed to reduce appetite.  Probably will; who would be hungry after downing a teaspoon of cinnamon???  Dr. Oz says it works....

I also need to pick up some iodine tablets; should rev up my thyroid and dial down my appetite.

I did not go to the pool today.  Instead, I planted seven agaves and cleaned up the yard.  Raked quite a bit in the rocks.  Good exercise, no fun.  Should have gone to the pool.  Had company all day after I finished cooking so no real time to go to the pool before it closed.

I will be back in the water tomorrow...

No weight loss again today, but I did drink my glass of skim milk.  Actually enjoyed it.  Skim milk is supposed to help you lose a "little bit" of weight.  Hey, I am up for trying whatever works...

I am in a pretty good spot emotionally.  Made lunch for a sick friend.  Glad I was able to do that.  Praying to God that she does not get worse.  She is so weak, she has no strength to fight off anything else.  She is dealing with a urinary tract infection.  Please God, help her out.

Asking God EVERY day to help me with the 30 pounds that are such a burden for me.  Ask, and it shall be given.  Don't know what God has planned, but I know it is going to be good.

Getting exposed to all kinds of ideas....even lap band.  Sounds like I would qualify and it would be covered by insurance.  Probably need to call Dr. Jim Swain at Mayo and see what he says....  I really really want to get slim and fit and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment