Monday, November 22, 2010

Getting Focused

Last night I had my first teaspoon of cinnamon....pretty dusty going down.  But it stayed down, and that is a plus.  We will see if Dr. Oz knows what he is talking about when he says cinnamon helps with weight loss.  I was not sure when to take it, so took it late evening.  Had a hard time getting to sleep, but don't know if the cinnamon was a factor.  More research needed.

Today I start journaling everything I eat.  I have a nurse friend who has agreed to be my health coach.  So now I need to measure and journal everything I eat.  That should slow my mouth down from taking in so much unneeded food.

Drinking my glass of skim milk now that I am back from my hour of water aerobics.  Decided to change the title of my blog while I was in the pool, for I decided the title needed to be representative of the problem I am deal with, which is emotional eating.  I also realized that what I really want is to be the size I was when I graduated from college.  Can that ever happen?  Should it ever happen?  I don't know, but I am asking God EVERY day to help me, to guide me, to support my efforts.  I know He has a good plan....

No weight loss on the scale again this morning.  Sigh. 

I called and cancelled my appointment with the eye surgeon; I was going to have my upper lids done before the end of the year (25% off regular price...whatever that is).  I decided I am going to lose 30 pounds before having anything done to change how I look, since what I REALLY need is the weight off.  THEN I can determine what else I feel needs to be done.  Who knows?  I may be so happy with my appearance that I will not have anything done.  Or I may say, "What can you do for this face?"

Discovered several blogs on the Internet last night that deal with weight problems.  One of them said, "Food is NOT the answer."  I do believe reading that statement kept me from eating before bedtime.

I had a bowl of puffed wheat with yogurt, sprinkled with flaxseed and cinnamon, for breakfast.  Plus my usual cup of coffee with Pumpkin Spice creamer.  So yummy.  I decided I will NOT give up my creamer.  I do NOT drink my calories; I NEVER have beer, wine, alcohol.  The flavored creamer is my one luxury I allow myself.  I usually get the sugar free to reduce the calories.

Then I had two tablespoons of extra crunchy peanut butter (protein is seven grams) and a glass of skim milk for lunch.  We will see how I do this afternoon....  Took my vitamins and supplements this morning.

I am being really careful about calories.  It takes me forever to shop for food, because I am constantly reading labels.  Pretty shocking what some foods contain, not only in calories but in fat content, chemicals, etc.  But I am learning a lot.

My goal for today is to just keep on truckin.  No cheating.  If you bite it, write it.

No comments:

Post a Comment