Friday, November 26, 2010

Tough Workout

Today's workout was hard hard hard.  Not sure why.  I counted the minutes, but I finished it, baby!  It is always harder for me to work out when I don't know anyone else in the pool.  Time seems to d-r-a-g.... by, and that was the case today.

The good news:  I was not over the top on the scale this morning!  Woo hoo!  I am praying to God every day for guidance, for discipline, for assistance, for courage in this battle I am in with weight.  There is one dreaded number I hope to NEVER see again, and, thanks be to God, it was not there, even the morning after Thanksgiving dinner with its pound of sugar in the sweet potatoes and pecan pie.  It was taking NO second helpings that saved me.

I am now working on my second "bracelet" in the Get Fit program at Adobe Spa.  I filled my first punchcard with workouts, and now I have two on my second card.  You go, girl!  I desperately want to see some progress on the scale, and that is not really happening yet.  However, I suspected/felt that maybe I had lost a tiny bit in my belly area, so I put on a pair of slacks that were absolutely too too tight in the waist -- to the point that I could not wear them a month ago -- and while they are still tight, I could button them if I had to.  So something IS happening; maybe I am getting rid of some fat and adding some muscle.  Wouldn't that be nice?

Still fighting this lousy cold of five weeks' duration, so I am a bit low on energy.  However, I am moving toward adding "something" to my workout program.  I will either add 15 minutes of walking or 15 minutes on free weights to my water aerobics program.  Janet says I have to "fool" my body occasionally -- or did she call it "tweeking"?  At any rate, I am almost ready to do that.  Just felt a bit too tired today to begin that.

But I am keeping on, and that is what matters right now.  Reading some other fat people's blogs has also helped.  Several of them say "toss the scale" or "stay away from the everyday weigh-in".  I am inclined to think they are right, since a single meal with too much salt or something can blow up into a two or three pound gain on the scale overnight, which is so very discouraging.  I used to teach "if the process is sound, the outcome is predictable."  So if I keep exercising faithfully, I will lose weight.  And I cannot minimize that I have cut out sugar and most simple carbs from my diet.  NO bread, not even yesterday at Thanksgiving dinner.  If I am going to blow calories, it will be on something very special, like homemade pecan pie.  Now, THAT was worth it.  And I was back on the program today.

No comments:

Post a Comment