Saturday, December 4, 2010

Go the Distance

I did it. I made myself go to the gym and did a good hour of working out. I made it happen. I could have talked myself out of it and made all kinds of excuses, but I got ready and walked out the door and on to the gym.

Came home and had leftover salad. Hungry right now, but better get used to it if I am going to lose this weight, right? Whoever said you can lose weight and feel full must have been eating something other than salads....

Right now, a big dish of ice cream would taste great. It has been so long since I had any.....but even longer since I was at a healthy weight.

I know lots of Americans go to bed hungry, and tonight, I am one of them.

But I am so excited!! I have found, via this blog, links to some great information from others who are also working hard to get fit and healthy, and there is so much good stuff out there! Lots of smart people writing of their experiences and knowledge. I won't have to do this by myself.

1 comment:

  1. I can't look for it now, cause I'm on my way to a family party, but since you're seeing an endo in January, arm yourself with info. I had had ongoing mood issues and finally convinced my endo to put me on Cytomel/Levoxyl mix (previously, for 13 years, only levothyroxine). It's made a big difference. I think I'm one of those people who doesn't convert T4 optimally. It finally lifted my mood and made me more able to stay on an eating plan (totally struggled like mad previously trying to get calories even undder 2000). I went in with a copy of a European study on the use of Cytomel...not really expecting much. But surprised myself with how well I felt after acclimating.

    Just go in informed, cause some endos are great and some suck and are intransigent. :)

    I can't take cholesterol meds (liver and muscle issues/effects), so I hope that it will improve with more weight loss. Blood pressure has been going down, so maybe 30 more pounds and I can be OFF the darn thigns. :)

    Happy Sunday. God bless...

    ReplyDelete