Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'd Better Not Do THAT Again!

Crap!

I totally blocked out that I had a dinner salad with grilled chicken breast last night. No wonder I did not lose any weight yesterday. I was 300 calories over my limit!! Duh!

At least now I know what I did... I am trying to log everything that goes into my mouth, but, since we ate out last night, I did not have my journal with me and therefore simply spaced the entire dinner.

Glad I have My Fitness Pal to keep me focused. Good tool. Especially if you use it. Duh!

But I am learning.

Also learned today that I was WAY off on my Crystal Light calories. Instead of the 3 calories I thought a packet contains, it is 30. 30!! Another little adjustment. Not the direction I wanted, but keeping it honest. Knowledge is power.

Baby steps, Digger, baby steps.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I'm curious if you've ever tried Weight Watchers. They just started completely new program so that everybody is learning it now. It is a great program and the meetings are a lot of fun. The best thing about WW is that you are not on a diet. You stay with the program from now till forever. There are people in my meeting who have been coming for 20 and 30 years and have kept off amazing amounts of weight. Good luck with whatever you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did try Weight Watchers, and it definitely works, at least for a while, for me. What happens is that I lose ten percent of my weight and get to feeling so smug, so satisfied, that I reward myself with food. I have lost up to 20 pounds with WW, and I have lots of friends who swear by it. They also say it is for life. I have a problem paying the $13 every week just to weigh in. It all comes down to me. I have to do the work. In fact, while I was working my butt off in the gym today, I thought of what Ophra said once while she was working on her weight. She said, "It is my fat ass that is running around that track."

    We each have to do our own path, and I think we find that path by trial and error. I have tried various things to lose weight, but I have never made myself accountable to others before. Now, by putting it out there for others to read and comment on, I am forced to face the truth each day, whether it be good or bad or downright ugly.

    I loved how some of the people in the Challenge fessed up to their week. Makes it all real. We are all human, with our individual weaknesses, and we can pool our strenghts and help each other to a healthier life.

    ReplyDelete