Friday, December 3, 2010

Help from Jill

This is a note from Jill, telling me about the program she is on. She has lost 38 pounds so far, so the diet obviously works for her.

Jill said,

Did you order the vitamins too?? You will need those if you are doing this full blown....

Breakfast is a shake...whenever/whatever time you need it to be. You have 2 shakes/day for meal replacements. You are allowed 6-8 oz of protein a day and at least 4 cups up to 6 cups of veggies a day.

I found that if I have a shake for breakfast, then half my protein/veggies for lunch, a shake around 2:30 and then the rest of my protein and veggies for dinner, I don't get as hungry as I did if I just did 2 shakes during the day and try cramming in all the protein and veggies at dinner.

For snacks, you can have sugar free (not 'no sugar added') but sugar free cookies (whatever the serving size is on package, only 2 servings a day of those)..or sugar free pudding or jello.

Limit your salad dressings...like 2 tbspns a day. I will eat a can of tuna sometimes for my protein and add some salt (very little) and pepper and a tablespoon of mayo...my favorite right now is to bake a chicken breast ( I will make a few at a time and save them), slice up a tomato and that's yummy. You can use Mrs. Dash's no salt flavorings on your protein...

No breads, dairy, potatoes. No corn or peas. No cheese....and absolutely NO FRUIT (until you get to goal weight then we can add those back in slowly)....

Sugar free gum helps me TREMENDOUSLY....now they have the sugar free dessert gum...like strawberry shortcake, key lime pie and chocolate mint ice cream made by Extra! If I get a sweet tooth, I pop one of those in but I make sure to keep gum in the house, in my purse, etc. It saves me a lot!! I also brush my teeth sometimes and that takes my cravings away.

LOTS of water...I drink about a 1/2 gallon-1 gallon a day. You can have unsweetened tea and coffee just make sure to use splenda and you can have sugar free creamer (vanilla is my favorite and I buy it in the powder form).

The vitamins are 5 a day. They help give your body what you are not giving it in the lack of foods like the calcium, etc.

They do NOT want you to exercise the first 2 weeks on the program because you are only consuming about 1,000 calories....until your body gets used to it. You can lose about 10 pounds or up to your first week alone....

I have fell off a bit, but restarted a couple days ago. Luckily my weight did NOT go up but it didn't go down either...I maintained. It's a lifestyle change but I don't miss being sleepy all the time and 'weighed' down....

I notice I eat a lot different when I'm not 'following' it 100%....if I go to dinner, I order a house salad (no cheese, or croutons) and dressing on the side. I order either grilled or baked chicken, or salmon. Fresh broccoli or green beans as my side....and I order water. Water is free, but tea costs you like $2.50....tea and coffee count as water but water is the best for you and no cost.

I sometimes will order a grilled chicken salad if we go somewhere or when we go to Wendy's for a treat to the kids, I order a house salad and a just a plain grilled chicken breast....it will amaze you how you will feel full but not miserable....

Also, NO CARROTS...sometimes you can't order w/out carrots, so I just pick them out the best I can. Did you make a copy of that paperwork when you had it?? It tells you the proteins you can have and veggies....

No comments:

Post a Comment