Friday, December 3, 2010

Telling it Like it Is

Just discovered an incredible blog: almostgastricbypass.blogspot.com. This guy is for real. It is going to be incredibly helpful for me to be able to read what he writes, because he does not mince words. He is aware of what his weight is doing to his life span, and he is focused on fixing that and only that. Hmmm. I like that approach. I have been trying all the sensible rational things I know to do, whereas, from what I gather from reading this guy's blog, he says, "lose the weight at any cost."

That is obviously working for him. Jill's shakes will arrive here on December 6th, so I feel I have two more powerful tools to use to get this weight off NOW. In the meantime, I will keep on exercising every day.

What is happening to me makes no sense. I exercise daily, I eat the right things, and I eat much less of what I do eat. So why no weight loss??? That simply does not compute. How can I cut out sugar, bread, and reduce quantity of intake, add exercise, and not lose? You tell me!! I don't get it. The only thing that makes sense is that, due to the changes I have made, I am no longer GAINING weight, and since I am not losing any weight, I am still taking in too many calories. So I have to cut calories even more if I want to lose. Or up my activity. Adding the shakes and the program that goes with them will DRASTICALLY lower my caloric intake. We will see what happens then, fat butt.

Wow. Just writing those words down -- the reason for no weight loss -- makes me say "duh!" How many weeks have I been crying about no weight loss? How hard is it to figure out that I have still been taking in too many calories? That is the reason I have to journal, the reason that if I bite it, I write it. Stupid stupid stupid!!!

Prayed to God to help me again tonight and asked for forgiveness for not remembering to pray earlier in the day. I think I will also ask him for the ability to use the brains He gave me. Duh!!

Okay, I have beat myself up pretty badly these past couple of minutes, so let's find something good: when I work out, I now do interval training as part of my program. I started doing that maybe two weeks ago. I am amazed at what I am able to do versus what I could do when I first started. I definitely have more energy, and I can "hustle" as a walker goes around all four sides of the track as opposed to one side that I started with. I am proud of that. When I started doing the interval training, it was hard to keep it up long enough for a designated walker to cover one side of the track. Now I can do four. Yeah, baby!!

No comments:

Post a Comment