Sunday, December 12, 2010

I Cannot Get Discouraged for Long!

I cannot allow myself to get discouraged about my rate of loss, and that means I cannot compare myself to anyone else. As Allan says, I just have to work the program. "If the process is sound, the outcome is very predictable." That is what I must focus on. That, and water water water.

In reading some of the blogs today, I see that people are worried about losing ONLY a pound a week. I agree totally: I want it ALL off, right now. And yet, at 1200 calories a day, it could take me forever, or that is how it feels. So I have to drink more water, eat less, and move more. Seems simple enough. So time to get off my fat butt and MOVE.

I looked in the mirror this morning and felt that I look a bit smaller. Then I turned sideways....nope; my belly fat is still all there. So time to leave the pity potty and DO something.

Nine bottles of water down the hatch now. And I am just getting started.

Have not figured out the snack thing yet. Seems if I put any food in my tummy, it hurts. Maybe eating it too fast because I am hungry. Maybe the food is banging against the sides of my stomach because it is empty -- or does the water stay in there long enough to soften the blow?

Wondering about cider vinegar; does taking some each day help with appetite? I need to research that.

Oh! The most amazing thing just happened: my stomach growled!! That means it is empty. Praise the Lord!! That is what I'm talking about. Now I need to keep it that way -- with the exception of water, of course.

I may just have to keep posting today. Whatever it takes to keep from eating. The end justifies the means... I will take weight loss any way I can get it, and I prefer it fast!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't lose fast. I just don't. I'd love to. I got discouraged cause my LOWEST EATING WEEK EVER and I had a gain--so I'm back to eating more. No 1200 cals for me. I expect to lose fast at 1200 cals, and showing a gain scared me back to a higher number. I can't cope with no loss or slow loss when I feel deprived. And at 1200, I feel deprived. I surely do. I doubt I can maintain it.

    I'm not the only one who ate right in calories (ie, in the losing rate) and didn't budge last week. Women's bodies are clearly not like men's. I see men don't have these weird fluctuations.

    I suspect when we lose, the toxins/estrogens stored in the fat may hamper things. Water retention hampers. Dunno what else. There is no other explanation that I know of for NOT losing in a week when I ate lower, much lower, than weeks I lost a pound and a scosh.

    So, back to 1600 for me. :D

    ReplyDelete