Monday, December 13, 2010

Stopping at One Piece of Pizza

Johnny surprised me by coming home from golf and asking if I wanted to join him and his buddies for dinner. I said yes and ended up at a pizza parlor. They ordered Philly sandwiches and pizza, and I ordered a large green salad, no croutons, no cheese, dressing on the side. Picked off the olives that were a surprise. Used less than half of the dressing. Cleaned my plate.

I had one piece of pizza and stopped there. Not sure what the caloric value of the piece was, and Fitness Pal is down for maintenance, but I feel quite sure I am under my 1200 calorie limit. Breakfast was two reduced fat string cheeses at 60 calories each for a total of 120 calories. Lunch was broccoli at 120 calories. Snack was a chocolate skinny shake at 100 calories. Add in 60 calories for coffee creamer, 200 calories max for the salad (maybe less; it was iceberg lettuce), the pizza at 500 calories (cannot imagine it would be more than that...)and 30 calories for Crystal Light for a total of 1130 for the day.

Feels good to be able to go out to eat and stop at one piece of pizza but what really rocks is staying under 1200 calories for the day. By sticking to the plan and drinking the water (145 oz today so far), plus exercising, my week is off to a good start. Thank you, God. Thank you, blogging buddies that let me benefit from your experience and ideas.

I cannot let Ms. grouchy doctor mess up my day tomorrow. I have a plan, and I will work my plan. If she works with me, great. If she doesn't, she is history. No sweat either way. I have to put me first.

No comments:

Post a Comment