Thursday, December 9, 2010

Feeling Strong

Today was my first day of being part of Allan's Challenge, and the day went really well. Surprisingly, it was easy to avoid eating, even though I went shopping. Several times, I actually picked up cookies (!!) and bought some for hubby. But I stayed strong, and I am under 1200 calories and have one bottle of water to go for the day. Not a bad start.

What was really interesting about today is how I did NOT think about food most of the day. Also, I was not really hungry. While getting a massage, I heard Vio's stomach growling, but not mine. Lovin' it!!

Tomorrow I will go to the pool and work hard hard hard. I will make this work, and I am so encouraged by the blogs I have discovered. Allan's help is incredible, and Beth and Princess are giving me good encouragement. I feel very blessed. Please God, continue to help me. Help me with strength and courage and will-power and discipline and gratitude and awareness of my potential to be healthier.

I saw my cardiologist today, and he wrote the order for the lab to test my thyroid, including T3. Woo hoo!! I am eager to get the results to see if my thyroid medication is inadequate, as I believe it to be. Good thing the doctor agreed with me on the blood test, because Mayo Clinic turned me down on my request for an appointment with an endocrinologist there.

I will get this all figured out, and I will be so much healthier for my efforts. I can do whatever is required to drop 20 pounds, and that will have me so pumped that I will want to drop 20 more. Yes!!!!

Feeling Strong. Thank you, God!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's great! I'm so pleased to hear that you have one day behind you. Well done! Let's keep it up.

    Good luck with the thyroid testing, I hope it gets sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete