Friday, December 3, 2010

Getting There???

Had a healthy breakfast of Rice Krispies and skim milk with banana and Splenda. Only one helping, not two, as I might have done in the past -- just because there was still milk in the bowl.

Felt really really stressed all morning after breakfast. I really don't know why. No patience and feeling overwhelmed. Maybe just missing my sister and knowing I won't see her for perhaps a very long time. Wishing we were tight like we used to be. Makes me sad that we are not. Wish I knew what changed...

Got my termite problem under control; the little buggers will be Termidored on December 17th, and then it is bye bye termites. Trevor at Amera is very good and stands behind his work.

Then off to the pool for a good workout. No one was there! But I still managed to do what I needed to do without feeling like the minutes were dragging. The interval training is getting much easier. I am also spending more time "dog paddling" to work my legs more. It feels like it uses a lot of energy, so perhaps it does. Who knows? Maybe one day all this working out will show up on the scale.

Got back from working out and prepared a nice healthy salad and had two small bowls for lunch. Then had some almonds for protein. Turned down an offer of a SW chicken salad from McDonalds because I was not sure it would fill me up. Went for the make-my-own version, minus the chicken, since none was cooked.

Tried to make an appointment with a new doctor. No go; he is only seeing Medisun insured patients. Bah humbug. That is different. So I am back to square one. But I WILL find a doctor!!

Got lots of good info from Jill, and I intend to use it to get this weight off. It is killing me, both figuratively and literally.

Got an invite to a dinner Sunday night. Do not want to go but may have to if I cannot beg off. Easier to control what I eat when I cook myself. Went out for dinner the other night to TGI Fridays and had a steak and broccoli and steamed veggies, most of which was broccoli. lol. That is okay. Took me a long time to eat it since the steak was not very tender and the broccoli was barely cooked at all.

Read somewhere that people with hypothyroidism should not eat broccoli or cauliflower. There go my two main veggies, other than lettuce and spinach.

Getting my head together to do some more organizing. I think I am ready.
Who knows? Maybe I will be able to test out the "Does having my office organized make my butt look smaller?" theory yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment