Friday, December 3, 2010

My Response to Jill's Suggestions

Since there is probably some good "Stuff" in here, I will save it in my blog for reference.

Jill, thank you so much for taking the time to give me that good info. Most of it is not surprising.

I have already cut out desserts and sugar and bread; did that two months ago. Also do not eat white potatoes or sweet potatoes but do eat yams; yams are very low in sugar whereas sweet potatoes are very high. However, some stores don't know the difference between sweet potatoes and yams, so I may cut those out as well.

I rarely eat peas but love them; however, I will cut them out entirely. Can't remember the last time I ate corn, so no problem there. I eat lots and lots of salads with chicken. I also will add boiled eggs if I don't have chicken ready. We eat a lot of chicken and I always have it in the freezer and generally have some cooked in the fridge for salads. Johnny loves it on sandwiches, so that makes it easy.

I have not feel "miserable" full for a long time, although I know what you mean. I used to eat until I was so full I was miserable. Don't do that anymore.

I have here on my desk the name of a doctor who hypnotizes people to help them lose weight, but I think I will wait to contact him now that I have your info. I will try to use the shakes and see how that works out.

My snack of choice is nuts, primarily raw almonds, so pure protein and no salt on them. Does your diet say anything about almonds?

Sounds like the diet is a very low sugar, low carb diet with upper limit of 1000 calories a day. Is that correct?

What I have been so diappointed in is that I exercise HARD for at least an hour virtually EVERY day, and I have not lost a single pound, even though I gave up sugar, breads, starches, etc. The one thing I did NOT give up is fruit, although I stopped eating bananas and switched to apples. I have now given up apples as well. But why can't I lose any weight??? A girl who started working out the same time I did and does not work out nearly as often as I do has lost 26 pounds in the same period of time that I lost zero pounds. I have an underactive thyroid, and that may have something to do with it, plus the other meds I take. I have an appointment with an endocrinologist in January, but that is too long to wait. I have to try something now.

Thanks for all the info, very helpful.

Anything else you can think of to tell me, I am open to it. I am not going to order the vitamins right now. I have a good stock of vitamins on hand, and I know what I need to take.

Stay in touch.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, you do know that the underactive thyroid can affect your weight loss? Also, the calories in almonds can add up very quickly and may be the culprit in swinging your calories too high. This lady here: http://happyweightafter.blogspot.com/ had an underactive thyroid. It might be worth chatting with her.

    Also, look, you have no reason at all to listen to me but it might be worth noting down, for just one day, everything that you consume in a typical day, including portions sizes. Then you can have a look at the calories, you might be surprised at how many you are having!

    Good luck to you.

    ReplyDelete