Tuesday, December 21, 2010

A Good Day Done

Ah, end of day. Sooo ready for bed. On the advice of Princess Dieter, I stayed in all day and did paperwork projects and took care of my cold, with no exercise at the pool. And I feel better tonight. I even managed to stay under 1200 calories today, with lots of water down the hatch.

Allan is so right: for me, it is critical to blog and to keep writing down what I eat as I eat it. That works so much better for me, for the calories can edge up before I realize it. Even with reading labels, I find I still need to write before I bite. That forces me to think about the wisdom of what I am about to eat. Do I want to eat it, or should I choose something else?

I read somewhere tonight that we should "Close the kitchen down after dinner." Boy, does that make sense. No food available after dinner. If we need something to chew on, there is sugarless gum or sugarless bubble gum. Or simply chug a bottle of water.

2 comments:

  1. I have to write EVERYTHING down (that I eat!) and keep on blogging, both things really help my success. Glad you took care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I totally agree about closing the kitchen after dinner. I do SO much better when I don't munch after dinner. Good for you taking care of yourself! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete