Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Holding on

I have been fighting a miserable cold for three days that has really kicked my butt. I have not exercised, and I think that makes me want to eat, or is that just an excuse? Anyway, the cold might be a tad better today but afraid to go in the pool and make it worse. I do NOT want to be sick for Christmas.

I am working hard this morning on getting rid of some of my stressors: paperwork, half-finished projects, disorganized desk, etc. I HATE disorganization!! Makes me crazy. I have to find a way to get some storage room and some work surface in my study so I can find things and simply have a place to work. Without a place to file things, it is very hard to manage. But the project of getting some cabinets and counter space cannot begin until February. Oh, well.

Time to go fill more water bottles..and kick it up a notch. I can do bands and hand weights. I did a lot of light weights yesterday for toning, but that does not burn many calories. I am staying off the scale for now. I don't need to put myself under additional pressure; I have enough of that, thank you.

I have to pick it up in terms of my "lost" exercise time. I can double my time in the pool; no excuse, once this cold is under control. My goal is to get back in the water. I can do this!! I can burn a lot of calories once I get in there. I know the routine.

For today, I will lean on my blogging buddies for the extra strength I need to feel okay about my journey to wellness.

1 comment:

  1. Sweetie, when you have a cold, coddle it with broth, water, tea, vitamin C, zinc, echinacea and rest. Don't exercise until you start to feel like you turned the cold corner into the well-place. Really. Let your body fight the cold. Just do stretches and maybe some bends/upside downs to help drainage and get the lymphatic system going (stretching/isometrics). But REST and HOT FLUIDS and whatever concoctions/meds you use with goood effect.

    Overeating when sick is normal for a lot of us --or just WANTING to overeat--because we want comfort We remember mom making us mashed potatoes and chicken soup and fresh juice and hot ccocoa and stuff and we want to feel coddled and cozy and warm inside, too. So, I'm one of those who gets comfort food cravings when ill and can easily put on da pounds!

    So, stay with low-cal broths with bright veggies for nourishment, fruits for a sweet treat, water water water, tea, decaf, hot and destuffing liquids.

    Feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete